Want to read about some amazing books? Check out my book reviews on my blog page, or enjoy some of my writing tips!
Writing tip handouts
30 Prompts for Nanowrimo prep.
My writing WHY worksheet
Author Goals Worksheet
Simple Story Creation Worksheet
Writing Tip Example
Truth: You can start writing a book without really knowing who your character is and how they need to change, but... will you write the right book for them? Even if you are a discovery writer it helps to spend at least a little time thinking about who your character is, what they want, what they need, how they act and how their life needs to change. If you are a plotter or a planster spend some time writing things down about your character. You will be glad you did!
My books for writers like you!
Writer Life Tip #1: Go to Writing Conferences!
Top 7 reasons Writing conferences are a good thing!
1. There is always something to learn about writing and publishing no matter where you are in your writing journey.
2. Meeting others who have done it not only gives you a good positive vibe, but they can also chat with you about your situation with your writing and hopefully have some good advice.
3. Writers need writer friends!!
4. Often there is a book signing. So you can purchase books and get them signed by the amazing presenters
5.They boost creativity and motivation.
6. You might learn something you never thought to learn before.
7. Networking with agents, editors and writing pros.
Writing Conferences I love!
Romance Writers of America Check it out
Storymakers (held in Utah) Check it out
American Night Writers Association (ANWA) Check it out
Kanab Writers Conference Check it out
Writing and Illustrating for Young Readers Check it out
The Writing Gal's Check it out
SMIAH Writer's Conference Check it out
Me at several different writing conferences!
Writers Life Tip #2: Participate in Nanowrimo
National Novel Writing MonthAKA: NaNoWriMo
This isn't a conference but it is a huge writing event that takes place every November where the whole goal is to get you writing! You should totally check it out. I've been a participant since 2015 and I love how it helps me finish books and how it gets me writing everyday.
Writer's Life Tip #3: Find your Tribe
If you are a new writer find a writing community that you love. Writers often feel like they are alone but you don't have to be alone.